Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Long weekend

The long weekend is over and I think I spent it really well. In our part of the town, the sun was having second thoughts as to whether to shine or not to shine. We even had a gloomy day with lots of thundershowers. Just the perfect day for some book-reading, which I haven't done in quite a long while. Coincidentally, just last week, I had picked up a copy of the Illustrated version of "The Da Vinci code" at the local library. I have been waiting to read this book for a really long time. The time was just ripe and so, I just settled into the couch and started reading. It was a 500 page novel and in my prime days (which I consider my teens), I would have finished it in a day. Not now. I haven't been reading a lot of late and hence, I may have slowed down. I must have read for close to 18 hours over the weekend and I still have another 100 pages to go. That is like 2.7 minutes to a page !!! Well, I guess I also spent some time admiring the artwork and the sculptures in the illustrated version. Regardless of the fact that this was one of those unputdownable thrillers, I still had other things to attend to this weekend. Like a nice game of tennis.

I haven't played tennis since last summer and I am not one of those players whom you see and wish you could play like that. On the contrary, if you see me playing, you would really wish that you did not play like me. :-) But my comtemporaries with whom I play are worser than me. So, I was glad that I was able to sweat it out on the courts for a couple of days. But, I am feeling the incidental damages today. Some of the parts in my body are groaning for rest. I have a slight limp today and my shoulder hurts from my false serves !

Well, I must be able to finish the book by tomorrow and I hope to write a review of the book here. Too late for a review you may say but there are still others who have not read it yet. I promise that I will not give away the plot in the review.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home