Friday, April 22, 2005

Blogger's block

Can a blogger have a writer's block ? If so, should it be called a blogger's block ? Whatever it be, I seem to have the blues for writing even though this is probably the best time I must be putting down my thoughts on paper......pardon me, on the blog. With an extremely life-changing event about to happen in a few days, I have to gather my thoughts and stream them towards this blog. As my friend pointed out today, these thoughts may be very funny and interesting to read about once my wife and I have the baby and my whole life goes topsy-turvy !

As I was walking down to work this morning, I was plugged to my IPod and listening to vivaldi rendered beautifully by a string quartet from San Francisco. Add to that the effect of a light breeze blowing across the river on a sleepy morning. It was the perfect time to forget all the worries in this world and look forward to greeting new life around me. I started thinking about my yet-to-be-born son again....

My wife and I know that we are expecting a boy. We both have great dreams about the little fellow. Not that we have planned anything for him but we both are high with anticipation about how exciting our lives are going to be very soon. The last few months, we have been crazy buying new stuff for my son. Wow ! That feels good.....when I say "my son". It is a new thing to say and it feels good to say it again and again.

The only thing that I keep wondering off late is what will my son see when he sees me. Will he know that I am his father ? Will he recognize my voice ? Yeah, I have been talking to him for the last so many months now. He better recognize my voice ! The one thing I remember very clearly about him is his face when I saw him during the ultrasound. The Ultrasound apparently penetrates the baby's eyelids and so, the baby will look like he has his eyes wide open. So, when I saw him, he was actually staring back at me. I will never forget that look. I am very much looking forward to see if his eyes are as beautiful as it looked on that day.

The big day could happen this weekend or sometime early next week. Whenever it may be, my wife and I cannot wait to hug the tiny one and welcome him into our family. In the meanwhile, I am going to try my best to blog.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home