Thursday, April 21, 2005

Ergonomics

Ergonomics has become a very important word in my work life over the last few years. As many of you may emphathize with me, regular keyboard usage and uncomfortable seating arrangements can cause long-term injury and short-term pain. Recently, I started working at a new client and my body was not able to adjust itself to the new workplace. Very soon, I had to pay a visit to my doctor for a stiff neck and throbbing shoulders. The client is very sensitive to such issues and they even have an ergonomics assessment team within the building. One of their representatives swung by my desk the other day, asked me a whole bunch of questions, observed my posture while I worked and then made a recommendation for me to get a natural keyboard. I was using a similar keyboard at my previous workplace and it seemed to help in a way. So, I have been using that for the last few days now and I don't think it has helped still. I may need to go in for some physical therapy.

In the meanwhile, there has been a lot happening on my personal side. My wife and I are expecting a new arrival in the house - our first baby. She is already four days past her due date and still has no signs of labor. So, this week has been "painfully slow" in all aspects for both of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home